Twitter

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Old Friends Found


A while back I received an email inquiry about family portraits from a lady in Portland, Oregon. It seems she was coming to Anchorage for the holidays and would like to get portraits done while the entire family was in town. "Hey, perfect I would love to help out" I thought . She then ended the email with "Are you the same Matt Swalling I knew in Anchorage growing up and went to high school with?"  Well I am pretty certain I am the only Matt by that name around here, but who was asking? Old girl friend? Enemy? Good buddy? The name was not ringing a bell. Well it turns out it was an old buddy, several in fact. Kristin and her family were good friends of ours growing up, it was her new married name throwing me off. It was great to see them all again. I am still laughing about how much her brother Matt hated having his picture taken, and how her other brother Grant insisted that he was very "coachable".  Matt you did great, even if you wouldn't pose for me! And Grant, "coachable" you are, but perhaps this coach had better work on his coaching skills. Thank you all so much for coming out to the studio, it made my day. 

No comments: