Twitter

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Not Your Average Solstice Wedding!



If I told you I was photographing a solstice wedding in Alaska one would naturally assume I meant June 21st the summer solstice. Chad and Mandy had a different idea. Winter solstice on December 21st, the shortest day of the year. What a day it was, clear and beautiful and I don't just mean the bride! Friends and family put on this event with a spectacular food spread and plenty of good times for everyone involved. Chad and Mandy were great sports and braved the cold to make use of the stunning Eagle River view and equally stunning solstice sunset. I even talked them into doing snow angels in the front yard! Hey you only get to do this once. Hope that tux wasn't a rental. Congrats you two, I had a blast. 

No comments: