Twitter

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Local Links #3 Batteries Plus






As a photographer working in a small town I often come up empty when I need parts or equipment that are specific to my profession or are just hard to find in general. When you need something "yesterday", Anchorage might as well be New York. Well it happened again on Saturday. In the middle of a shoot a rather odd battery in my flash transmitter gave up the ghost. Fortunately I always have a back up plan, but I still wanted to get that battery. During the lunch break I ventured out into the snow storm (Yeah it was coming down!) in what I thought would be a vain search for the battery. Enter Batteries Plus. Newly opened in Wasilla they have all the batteries one could ever need. I walked in and literally in two seconds found the battery for my transmitter. Now that is cool. I have stopped in the store on several occasions now and found the guys behind the counter helpful and knowledgeable. When it comes to batteries I will no longer scour the valley in the desperate hope that someone carries what I need. I will simply go straight to these guys and be sure they have what I need. 


No comments: